• Event planning
• Coordinating with local businesses for raffle prizes to raise additional funds at this benefit event
• Coordinating with local bands and artists to get involved with this benefit event
• Media list curation
• Press release writing and editing
• Media outreach and follow up
Coverage in the Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Fishbowl, Showlist DC, DC Rocks, and others. Sold-out show, raised approximately $1,000 to benefit the historic Edgar Allan Poe House in Baltimore which had recently lost city funding and faced possible closure.
Responsible for co-organizing this charity event from conception to execution with the goal of raising awareness and raising donations for the Poe House & Museum in Baltimore, which had recently lost 100% of its city funding.
• Booked the venue and four bands to play pro-bono at the event
• Oversaw the creation of marketing materials (including posters and fliers)
• Canvassed local businesses in Washington, DC and Baltimore for raffle prize donations, securing over $300 worth of prizes for the event
• Created a targeted media list to pitch the event to
• Wrote and distributed the event’s press release; worked with press to secure articles and blog posts in the Baltimore Sun, examiner.com website, and Baltimore Magazine
• Worked with the curator of the museum on further outreach for the event